Friday, July 24, 2009

Lake Powell


Sooooooooooo I actually had fun at Lake Powell....The drive there and back was good. Blake did really well entertaining himself rocking to some awesome Celine Dion tunes. The heat wasn't so bad thank goodness for a house boat with air conditioning. Blake's fave thing to do was to play in the sand by the little beach, watch his 10000 cousins being silly and fun, and run back and forth inside the house boat from one end to the other which made it a little challenging for me to keep my cool!
But I did it! Blake actually did ok with his sleeping patterns. His naps were somewhat the same. The big change was his bed time. Instead of 7:30 pm he would go down after everyone was finally quiet at around 10:00 pm. Yep after chasing a very busy toddler all day long Mom was hoping for a break but he wouldn't sleep until it was sooooooooooo late. So I would be totally dead the next day. And here was my little boy waking up at 6:00 and making sure everybody else would wake up with him. He would just make his rounds walking up to all the cousins, aunts and uncles, tapping them with a spraying bottle and saying HI! YEP I'm sure they all loved that...thanks a lot Blake. The coolest thing of my trip was that I got to learn how to water ski on two skis. Heck yeah!!!!!!!! I fell about 90 times but I was absolutely determined to get up on those suckers and win the battle...and finally I did and I would do it all over again. I loved it! I had a blast...I found a new hobby and it made my trip a lot better...I was super soar and full of bruises the next day but it was totally worth it!! We did a lot of boating, tubing, jet skiing, swimming, playing in the sand, and lotssssssssss of family time! this experience has made me closer to the Fam...the Palmers aren't so bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment