Friday, July 2, 2010

Palmer Family Reunion

It is amazing to think that from 1 mom and 1 dad many generations are created. This weekend we had the opportunity to go to the family reunion that the Palmers have every five years. It was held in Southern Utah in Cedar City up in one of the lodges in the canyon. Woooooooooooow there are A LOT of Palmers. There's no way I was going to learn all the names but I did try my best and was able to get a few down :) I absolutely had a great time. I learned that the older generation of Palmers are very very creative and love to work with their hands. They had photography classes, Broadway for all ages, jewelery making, a crafts station which I Loved, wood carving, genealogy, cooking demos, seed germination, talent shows, Dallin's uncle that is a doctor taught a class of prenatal resuscitation which I loved as well, the zip line, and little projects for the kids. We also went to the Pizza Factory which was mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm good. I think the main focus of the reunion was to make something out of nothing. I couldn't believe all the effort they put into this. It was so fun. Of course I did have a hard time with one thing. I am not a camping person. My way of camping is go to a hotel and spend the night, cabin, even a trailer but tent camping is still a culture shock for me because we don't do such things. First of all we picked the wrong place to camp in, we could hear all the cars oon the freeway, the lights from the cars were hitting our tent like noon day, we could hear all the people around us laughing and walking by, and the worst thing was that WE FROZE. I was shivering all night long. We have a 2 men tent ok its tiny. we only had a couple of light blankets Hello husband you've done this before. I froze and so did Dallin but our little one slept like a baby, he even snored all night long. We had him sleep in the middle of us, he did have thermal PJ's and we cuddled him and he was in heavennnnnnnnnnnn. Blake thought it was the coolest thing to sleep in a house that was perfect for his size. We didn't sleep at all but we had a good time. I'll be more prepare next time :) We love our family and the wonderful lessons they've taught us over this weekend. They are all wonderful and we are just sooooooooo grateful for their willingness to teach us and help us learn skills and lessons that will help us pass them on to other generations. We love the Palmers!!


Um Can I knock these down? hahaha he wanted to sooo bad The Final Product...I can't believe I made that!

1 comment: